Thursday, November 1, 2012

November November

I have been thinking about doing the November challenge...you know the one.  The one where you post something that you are thankful for daily on your blog.  I like the idea of it but I am afraid the follow through on my part will be lacking.  Now that you have extremely low expectations, I just might be able to exceed them!

Today I am thankful for sick days.
I have a head cold.  When I was teaching last year, I never took a sick day until my intern facilitator forced me to leave school and found a sub for me for the following day.  I hated missing school because I wasn't quite sure what I was doing yet.  This year is a little different.  I feel more comfortable and established in my classroom.  My students know exactly what I expect of them and I know the other amazing fifth grade teachers would be able to take care of anything that comes up while I am gone.  It was a lovely sick day of staying in bed, watching pointless t.v., and taking a fantastically long hot shower.

I have been considering yoga recently.  I have never done it before but love everything that I read about it.  Have you done it before?  What did you think?  Have you been to a studio that you really liked?



1 comment:

  1. I actually JUST got into Yoga! I recommend it for sure! It really helps me think of my breathing and trying to relax while my body is under physical pressure. Its awesome!

    And YAY for sick days!

    ReplyDelete